thinking about upgrading the sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

njmaxpayne

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i'm thinking about upgrading the sound of my 01 LS tahoe....i tried the crutchfield option to see what fits and what kind of speakers do I have but couldn't figure out.what is the LS equiped with: i see agrill for like a subwoofer at thu trunk area idk if theres something there tho....i also see some small grill for like tweeters...do i have any or thats not speakers but vents...also what size speakers i have in my doors?how many total what size and where?

drewxjn

Reaction score
I am in the process of changing mine out as well. I am just doing the doors and the sub. The doors should be 6 1/2. The sub is 8 inch if its equiped with the sub. If the grill is there I would guess it has the sub. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
N

njmaxpayne

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yeah i have the sub i just noticed today that its blown....what kind of amp is it using?i got a bigger sub that want to put there with a box...the only thing ill run will probably be the triger wire :)how about those tweeters on the back columns?are they conected to the speakers kinda like component or i might gonna have to relace them too?through the grill on the front door u can kinda see and it looks like its some kind of component speaker system....it has a speaker and a tweeter a little higher...anything i should know about that?

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

i might gonna have to rewire the whole truck to make it the way i wanted.......i did it to my last truck a mitsubishi montero...it was a PITA BUT the sound in that thing sounded like a recording studio LOL crisp and clear...lots of dynomat....and the *** cars are really soundproof sealed...

OP
OP
N

njmaxpayne

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
if i do would it say bose on the speaker grills?if not then no..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coops924