the oil pressure or temp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
welcome to my world. basically to ensure accurate responses i ask that the full year, make, model, trim and engine type be disclosed. even if it is or is not flex fuel if applicable.

"Measured as oil pressure minimum when hot" is the factory engineer saying those are the minimum pressures you should get when you engine is basically been running a bit and not at a cold startup. say like you just drove ten or something.

and the numbers i mentioned are for your flex engine. they just happen to be the same for the vortec 350. (5700)

YUOnDaGround

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome to my world. basically to ensure accurate responses i ask that the full year, make, model, trim and engine type be disclosed. even if it is or is not flex fuel if applicable.

"Measured as oil pressure minimum when hot" is the factory engineer saying those are the minimum pressures you should get when you engine is basically been running a bit and not at a cold startup. say like you just drove ten or something.

and the numbers i mentioned are for your flex engine. they just happen to be the same for the vortec 350. (5700)

Ok, just to ask this question. What is the difference in the engine, between a 2002 LS - LT - and Z71 equipped with a 5.3L?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
the idea is some engines may not be available with certain trims and it helps to catch a fault by the person who might not have the right info. primarily the trim question help to pull up the correct wiring diagrams for various things as options change. even tho it does not always effect engine choice. when i look at the spec books i can find and correct assumptions made that may be incorrect on behalf of the owners. that way everybody learns and benefits from it. it is all for the better good. you must learn to be one with your SUV.:hands:

YUOnDaGround

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the idea is some engines may not be available with certain trims and it helps to catch a fault by the person who might not have the right info. primarily the trim question help to pull up the correct wiring diagrams for various things as options change. even tho it does not always effect engine choice. when i look at the spec books i can find and correct assumptions made that may be incorrect on behalf of the owners. that way everybody learns and benefits from it. it is all for the better good. you must learn to be one with your SUV.:hands:

Understandable. So, any luck on sending the FSM over for the 2002 Tahoe?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
you will have to pm me what you need exactly for each task and provide a email adress to send the response back.

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

you could also go to alldatadiy.com and get a subscription for that specific model too. about $25 a year. i have coverage from 82-10 import domestic but they make it hard to get the data shared.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aquarianking