The DOD tick finally got to me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Marky Dissod I have been looking all morning and I wasn't able to find one with the same lobe profile as the L33 cam that also has VVT, I wonder if someone else would know

OP
OP
Fernando Escobar
Reaction score
some of those VVT cams are there but hard to find I guess. I need to fix my Truck ASAP so as much as I want to research and get a nice cam with good functions I guess I'm am going with the TSP package and the LS9 camshaft and lS7 springs they say everything is in stock so lets get this done and find a tuner. I have a friend that owns a place but im afraid he will want to tune it for the track and not the street lol

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you super- or turbo-charging the engine?
If not, who suggested the LS9 camshaft to you?
Ask them why, before the LS9 camshaft disappoints you with soggy response under 3500RpM.

I wouldn't be surprised if you were better off with the Gen3 non-VVT L33 cam.

OP
OP
Fernando Escobar
Reaction score
Are you super- or turbo-charging the engine?
If not, who suggested the LS9 camshaft to you?
Ask them why, before the LS9 camshaft disappoints you with soggy response under 3500RpM.
When I look up their packages its one of the options from GM item #28-12638427. I thought I read that, not looking to supercharge the supermarket go getter lol but wanted a little umph that the basic no thrills cam.
On top of that I need to fix my car with the quickness and some other made cams will take time. I thought I had seen an ls7 option but I guess I was mistaken.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I look up their packages its one of the options from GM item #28-12638427. I thought I read that, not looking to supercharge the supermarket go getter lol but wanted a little umph that the basic no thrills cam.
On top of that I need to fix my car with the quickness and some other made cams will take time. I thought I had seen an ls7 option but I guess I was mistaken.
Which year, model and engine are we talking about here? I didn't see it yet in this thread.

I'm running a Cam Motion Stage 2 Truck Cam in my 2012 6.2L and I love it. Lots of grunt and great for towing, but no VVT. They sell the whole kit and caboodle also like TSP does and they also make the same cam in a grind specific for the 5.3.

My build thread is here and contains some notes on the job that will hopefully save you some time.

OP
OP
Fernando Escobar
Reaction score
Which year, model and engine are we talking about here? I didn't see it yet in this thread.

I'm running a Cam Motion Stage 2 Truck Cam in my 2012 6.2L and I love it. Lots of grunt and great for towing, but no VVT. They sell the whole kit and caboodle also like TSP does and they also make the same cam in a grind specific for the 5.3.

Sorry Its a 2013 Yukon XL Denali
6.2 Engine AWD

OP
OP
Fernando Escobar
Reaction score

My build thread is here and contains some notes on the job that will hopefully save you some time.

that cam motion option looks nice but it takes like 4 weeks to get which is of putting when you need to fix it asap. My folks will fly in soon and take my daily beater with them and don't want to drive my truck knowing I can damage more internals as it is. but it looks tempting for sure thanks.

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Fernando Escobar
Reaction score