Tahoe Rear Gate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daryl77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My wife has a 2011 Tahoe and we are having problems opening the rear gate. Rear gate meaning the entire rear door not just the upper window. The upper window opens just fine. It was cold out last weekend when we first noticed the issue and I thought it might just be frozen. It has warmed up outside today though and the gate is still not opening. It is an LS version if that helps. What do you guys think the problem could be?

kctyler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the switch up by the sunroof controls. Make sure its pushed the right way.

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
Do all of the power locks actuate when you hit the master switch? What about from the key fob? Could be the lock on the rear hatch itself is not cooperating.

OP
OP
D

Daryl77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There is no switch by the controls for the sun roof. I have tried the lock on the door but I'm not sure if we have checked that against the key fob. I will try unlocking the doors with the key fob.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpuvak

Latest posts