Tahoe PPV AFM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mostwanted1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just wanted to post some info. I recently bought a 2014 PPV tahoe and noticed a slight hesitation/ shutter. I thought it was a cylinder reduction of some sort. Questioned the dealer and they said it doesn't have it lol. They told me it was a vibration due to me lowering the truck lol. Anyways I was confident in my diagnosis and had Vengeance racing retune the ecu and turn off the AFM. All I can say is what a difference. It idles and runs 100% better. No hesitation or anything. I have race cars and didn't do it for performance, just wanted the dreaded lug and hesitation to go away. This mod is a must do if you ask me. Just wanted to post the info up in case anyone was experiencing that same shutter and haven't gotten anywhere with the dealer.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the dealer is a dumba$$!! They all have it from the factory, including the PPV/SSV.

When Blackbear did our tune, I kept it, but Jason did some tweaking to it. I think it switches in and out faster, so that hesitation isn't as bad as it was before. Driveability is much-improved

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GMT 900 nut