Synthetic engine oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Supertech at Walmart, filters are Wix and Oil is Warren or SOPUS. Warren makes good products. Their Synthetic 5W30 was on the Corvette Approval List.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been using Walmart Mobil 1 5W30 (blue label) for almost 15k miles, approaching second interval and have had no issues. Used on previous cars with no problem. Good to know about Supertech and those filters.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I run Mobil 1 full synthetic in ALL of my vehicles.

Since I drive a truck for a living and am gone for extended periods of time, read 6 weeks at a time, I run the 15,000 mile extended performance in the wife's Suburban and the oversized Wix filters and I usually change the filter out half way through at around 7,500 miles and top off the oil and then at 15,000 I change the oil and filter again. It may not be necessary to change the filter half way through but it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

With that being said....

Opinions are like Azzh... Err... Ah....Noses, yeah noses thats what I meant to say, everyone has one and they all smell.... Lol

So do what makes you feel good. I have used Mobil 1 for years and any engine that I have had to go inside of that has ran Mobil 1 was clean as a whistle inside.... But I think any synthetic would be the same.... I have heard good things about the Walmart supertech over on the website "Bobistheoilguy".

My 2 cents.... YMMV

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rcarew907