Body roll

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SnowBall

SnowBall

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
^^^^^x2^^^^^

There's an old saying that if you don't know where you are, you can't get to where you'd like to go.

Start with finding out what you've got for a suspension now.

IMO, the OEM suspension for your truck is a great suspension, so it would be great to know if you in fact have an OEM suspension, or if it has been modified. The OEM suspension is an active suspension, where the stiffness of each individual shock is adjusted automatically and continuously to match road and your driving conditions (like going around curves, applying the brakes, etc.).

Regarding sway bars, I'm sold on the Hellwig brand. They virtually eliminate body roll, and could be considered for your use, once your existing suspension is identified.
Yeah Joseph, I strongly believe the suspension can be improved not only from body roll but when I hit holes or go over speed bumps. I had a 2016 Ram Larime before this one with Bilstein shocks, HD springs on the rear, and Rough Country leveling springs up front. Stock sway bars and minimal body roll when cornering. I just knew the Yukon would be a more butter ride, which it is going straight and no bumps on the road. Primarily looking to make this vehicle as nimble as I can reasonably afford.

OP
OP
SnowBall

SnowBall

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
as already stated, the first thing thst should be doen here is determine "what has been done already" as there could be all kinds of different things going on.
I would get under it and take pictures and post them up here, then we can better assist you.
take pictures of both front corners wheels turned out so we can see the control arms and coils/shocks then from under it so we can see the sway bar and end links.
rear take pictures of the axle, springs/shocks and sway bar best way is under it from the center of the axle looking at the backside of the wheel area
this will tell us a lot
then scan the QR code on the door/pillar and or glove box and screen shot the rpo code list
Roger that!! Thanks Wes

OP
OP
SnowBall

SnowBall

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Roger that!! Thanks Wes
Discovered that the aftermarket setup is by Arnott. Manufactured in 2022 however I don't know when they were installed. SK-3354
One site
Oreilly
I will get pictures of the control arms. What's the thought so far?

Attachments

• Arnott Air Suspsension 1.jpg
    Arnott Air Suspsension 1.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240127_112648.jpg
    20240127_112648.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 6

Dirk13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Arnott SK-3354 is aftermarket in a “non GM brand direct replacement” fashion and not a “performance” one. That particular model of Arnott is a PASSIVE replacement to the factory magnaride strut. This means it’s just a standard shock with a module on it to trick the vehicle’s computer into thinking a magnaride strut is connected and working so you don’t get error lights on the dash.

It’s the cheaper option at the dealer when the factory magnarides wear out. It essentially deletes that system. However, from what I read, they are a pretty decent quality strut.

What is on the rear?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo