swaping 20s for 22s. Same rim.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont even want to know how much 24" tires are... I bet they are close to the cost of the rims....

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont even want to know how much 24" tires are... I bet they are close to the cost of the rims....

Yea pretty much haha. But ir depends on what brand you get. My tires i got for $800 but there cheap ass sunny's. Im looking for some new falkens and here they run around 1200-1400. the tires i really want are the bfgoodwrench g-force tires. But they run around 600 a tire for 24's.

And nice choice of rims either way you go and im loving the flat black.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i like the bfg kdw's for some reason. I like thier tread pattern... lol

OP
OP
hoe

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after more deciding, and brain farts... Im NOT going with the 24s... it would require me to regear my truck to 4.10s atleast. And thats another grand there in order not to kill the tranny. Plus the cost of the tires are the same cost of the rims basically. 800$ is the cheapest I can get a used set for.... With 20s and 22s, A good set is half the cost of that. Thus making this a deciding factor, coupled with shipping. I better stick to 20-22s. I was even jugling the fact of changing back out my tires, to 285/50/20s which I loved how they looked. And spending the extra cash on go fast mods, like full exhaust.

OP
OP
hoe

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sticking with dubs... got some new tires today, to replace then 295/45s... yep got some new 285/50 a set used for 100$ Now my truck looks truckish again, and sporty how i love it. Just go back and look at the pic at the beginning of the thread.

also order a 3200 yank stall converter with my extra cash; it should stall about 3500 behind the vmax engine. :) planing more go fast goodies as well. The original theme of this truck is all about performance.

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where did you get them tires from? 100 bucks for the set or each. Im looking for some right now

OP
OP
hoe

hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for the set, all I can say is CL is your friend. Think that 100 was a deal, my 1st set of 285/50s I got for $75!!!! all sorts of deals on criagslist, and you can talk people down as well. I went to GA to go pick these up, spent up 70$ in gas, and raced about everyone on the trip, no contest, IMO! Put the tires on the wheels, on in about 10 mins after I purchased out of town, got them balanced and mounted for 40$

I really need to take some pics, trucks looks so much ******* better now with the right size tires on a 20" wheel. Makes me very very contented. Rides smoothe as silk and handles better than the 295s and looks tons better, more truck, sportish, than carish like the 295/45s did. I do not recommend anything less than a 50 pro tire if you run 20s on a truck.

Plan on leveling off the front a notch needs to be higher to get rid of a lil rake, then Ill post some pics. But Im so glad I did not go bigger, now more money for go fast items. Purchased a Yank3200 stall converter the same day as well just cause. This will help tons with launches in the Tahoe, and get this big truck moving with the big wheels 20s. Mileage is back down to my norm with the 285/50s... boy that about the only part I didnt miss about this size tire. the 285/50s compared to the 295/45s is about 1-2mpg worst in city I would say. Truck did slow just a tad again off the line acceleration. Now imagine what some 22s, or 24s would do for you?... Im glad I made this choice.

Glad my new converter will rocket me off the line as well...

Last edited:

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats what i got on my truck 285/50's. CL is a good place, but here, no one is on there for tires that i can find, just a bunch of tire shops advertising. One day.. I think im still going to 22's. Just fills up the gap better. Looking forward to some new pics

1lowhoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are the escy wheels 24z and where did you find them shit ide trade my 2010 Tahoe LTZ 20z and another set of tires for them or shit the SS22z