Swap drivetrain from 96 to a 95

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black1996

Reaction score
I have a 1996 2 door yukon which has the 350 Vortec, push button 4x4 with only 180 kms. It's runs perfect but was in an accident leaving the frame bent and most of the body damaged. I've recently found a 1995 Yukon with the 350 tbi, floor shift 4x4 for sale with over 400 kms. I'd like to swap the full motor, tranny and transfer case from the 96 to the 95. I'd like to know if anyone has any experience with these kind of swaps? Any info is much appreciated.

OP
OP
Black1996

Black1996

Reaction score
Anyone..? Could I just use the top end of the tbi and slap it on the Vortec?

retorq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly the whole swap isn't worth it, swap the Vortec long block, get a TBI Vortec intake or carb intake with an adapter and get a chip for it. You will need the distributor from TBI setup and maybe the front drive stuff. The Vortecs were different and since the Vortecs have the crank sensor behind the timing cover that may or may not create alignment issues swapping TBI and Vortec brackets and what not.

kcb37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong but it should be a straight forward swap.
That said, truck, 2 different engines/trans/transfer. (newer design)
Because the interior, frame, body should all be the same parts it should be a "direct swap"

However because it is 2 different systems. You will need the full wiring harness for engine/trans/transfer case.
If your up for taking the dash out to replace the harness, etc... fuel tank will need to go to, along with fuel lines.

But you do have all the parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richard A

Latest posts