Swap Bench for Captains Chairs up Front or just remove middle seat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whoseanthony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am adding the 3rd row to my Yukon and now have the itch to get rid of my front 40/20/40 bench. Can I simply remove the middle jump seat and put in the center console or do I need to do a full removal of the front seats and put in new?

Anyone done this?

tonester1011

Reaction score
Good question, im wondering/thinking of doing the same. If the console bolts in as simple as the seat im sure it can. Did anyone ever get an answer?/

Sbell111

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The easiest way to answer questions like this is to pop over to one of the parts sites and check out a parts diagram. My quick look shows that the console appears to be simply bolted down with four bolts, likely to the same mounting points as the jumpseat. That being said, the console isn't tiny. You might need to remove a seat just to get it into position.

Last edited:

Darkie

Reaction score
I did it on my 07 tahoe
i took out the seats then put console in
it shares the bolts with the seats
pretty easy

tonaaayyyy

Reaction score
I actually installed a center console and removed my jump seat. You would have to just remove bolts from driver and passenger front seats and take out the jump seat. It was pretty simple, but expect to see some Cheetos, coins, Doritos, etc... Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts