Summit White vs White Diamond Tricoat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjenk430

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I've been lurking for a couple months now, but this is my first post. I am looking to buy a 2013 Tahoe LTZ in white, but I can't decide between the summit white and the white diamond Tricoat.

I plan to lower the tahoe and put on some 24" white powder coated wheels. I think the white diamond tricoat looks a little "classier" but my concern is matching the color in powder coating on the wheels. Where the summit white should be easy to match.

Any thoughts?

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, the WDT is a three stage paint, but it's not difficult to match for a qualified painter ... not sure about power coating tho. It's a lot easier to find plain white wheels off the the shelf.

I'm partial to the WDT but it comes down to your personal taste and whether you're willing to put a little more work into it wheels wise.

Welcome aboard.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WDT looks lovely, but like Serge said.........harder to match.

Plain white would be easier and cheaper.

lx4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would do WDT only because its unique on the tahoe, also as for the wheels you could always just go chrome not unless you really want PTM wheels. I think chrome looks better on WDT, i would rather see black and white vehicles with PTM wheels. again thats my own opinion

SPLmonster13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love the WDT. It looks super classy. If I were to buy a new hoe, or esky that's the color id go with,

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you put them next to each other, WDT looks more like a pale tan.

I'm partial to Summit White. :secret:

OP
OP
mjenk430

mjenk430

Full Access Member
Reaction score
White Diamond all the way, it is much more unique, specially on a Tahoe. Plus just order these wheels, problem solved!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/24-X10-INCH...Parts_Accessories&hash=item5aebc8e1f0&vxp=mtr

I really like the style of those wheels, but I have read some negatives about the quality of the U2 55 wheel. Anyone with experience? Already pearl white to match, that's awesome! Any strong opinions on painted vs powder coated?

I definitely don't want chrome, I really want color matched wheels. I plan to minimize any chrome on the tahoe as much as possible (debadged, trim removed, etc). Does that change anyone's opinion on WDT vs Summit White?

If I went with powder coating I was thinking about the KMC Brodie's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Possumcop