Suede Interior How-To?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
I've already put suede in where the lock switch is and now I just did the door handle insert.

05-25-09_1621.jpg

My question is how to do the carpet on the bottom of the door.
I feel as though I will see a nasty edge on the suede since I can't really tuck it in.

Suede headliner comes next...

I would like to see pictures of any suede done in your Tahoe please :)

Here is my '03 Hoe
IMG_7949.jpg

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good job on the door, I also did mine and I planned on doing the bottom part that your interested in doing but I changed my mind because I did mine in a light grey color and I figured it would get dirty. Check out my cardomain link in my sig to see how mine turned out.
Sorry I couldn't be more help but i'm sure somebody here will jump in with some good advice.

OP
OP
thehoe92

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
haha I have actually seen your tahoe before on cardomain.
a few questions though...
did you like your headliner in suede once you got it done?
and where did you get that console? I have wanted one for a while.

just a suggestion if you don't mind...
the bose symbol comes out and then you take a piece of wood and set it on the ground and gently hammer it out until its flat and then you can put that mb quart symbol on.

I like your tahoe though very nice.

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
haha I have actually seen your tahoe before on cardomain.
a few questions though...
did you like your headliner in suede once you got it done?
and where did you get that console? I have wanted one for a while.

just a suggestion if you don't mind...
the bose symbol comes out and then you take a piece of wood and set it on the ground and gently hammer it out until its flat and then you can put that mb quart symbol on.

I like your tahoe though very nice.

I love the headliner still (I did it almost 3yrs ago) but now I'm thinking of doing it over maybe a slightly darker grey or black depending on how it will match. I only regret using such a light color because to me it doesn't look as fresh as it did before.
I found the console on ebay,and about the speaker grilles they are not in there any more because of the pods I have now (on page8) I just left the pics up to show the progress.

OP
OP
thehoe92

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
I love the headliner still (I did it almost 3yrs ago) but now I'm thinking of doing it over maybe a slightly darker grey or black depending on how it will match. I only regret using such a light color because to me it doesn't look as fresh as it did before.
I found the console on ebay,and about the speaker grilles they are not in there any more because of the pods I have now (on page8) I just left the pics up to show the progress.
I feel ya on the getting it dirty every time I tell someone I am doing it over the carpet they ask if it will get dirty. I'm doing mine in black so its probably all about the maintenance. Was it fairly easy doing the headliner just take it down spray with glue let it tack and apply the suede?
And yeah I'm trippin lol I went all the way to the last page and was diggin the pods but then for some reason I still had that suggestion in my head.

thanks for the find.
I guess its just a matter of growin a pair and doing it.
I got the same glue haha 3M FTW!

Mr.Martin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait till you try to cover the dash, that is a pita! I dropped my dash off yesterday and I gotta call the guy back Monday and see if he could do it or not cause of the area around the airbag on the pass side. I have my headliner done in platinum suede and I love it. It was the oem tan color and once I changed it, it felt like I had more head room from the lighter color. I also have the part on the door you covered done on mine along with the bottom piece with the carpet. The shop left the carpet on and covered over it so it would have more space to tuck the fabric.

OP
OP
thehoe92

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
the carpet part turned out like I expected.
no where to tuck the suede in so it was a little challenging but it turned out alright.
06-28-09_2011.jpg

06-28-09_2020.jpg

06-28-09_2039.jpg

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did my front doors yesterday, and doing the back ones today....took forever to find suede, every store i went to had 500 different kinds of fabric except suede or if they had it, they didn't have it in black....

doing that carpet part at the bottom did suck. hopefully it holds up...used the 3M 90 spray.

Attachments

• 100_0878.jpg
    100_0878.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 47

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jnice28