Subwoofer question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

setconstr

Reaction score
Can you wire a different rear subwoofer to the Bose amp by just not using the front subwoofer any longer cutting the wires and splicing to those wires or do you need a mono block separate amp installed ? Thanks

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im unfamiliar with the factory setup so unless someone else chimes in ill need a bit of clarity. im not aware anything came with 2 subwoofers. so going with what i think your saying. it either sounds like your trying to bridge a factory amp and run both outputs to one sub or you just want to move the sub power from up front to one outback. you most likely wont have any success trying to bridge anything factory. most factory amps are good amps but they are specifically built for the vehicle and wont be capable of anything beyond what they are already used for. if your just trying to move a sub then yes you can do that without a problem. if thats your goal i suggest using crutchfield to find a recommended sub power range and buy the size subwoofer you want in that power range. a subwoofer too powerful for the bose amp will sound terrible.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the sub woofer polarity on a 05 Yucon?
you might be able to find some old wiring diagram from metra/pac, etc otherwise a simple test with a meter will tell you.
usually the stereo shop technicians have a web portal to wiring diagrams specific to each vehicle so you could go into a shop and ask also.

AL Yeager

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for your follow up! I will more then likely just pull the speaker and do the battery thing.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can use a different sub, just make sure to check the impedance on the original with a meter and match it to the new sub. I believe the Bose subs are 2 ohms but I might be wrong. If you get a 4 ohm it will be half as loud.

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seems like the stock sub is 8 ohm and most aftermarket are 2 and 4, otherwise you can hook it up but I would not expect the best sound as the stock amp isn't the end all in the first place. but it does seem like I remember seeing an add on harness that plugs in line with the stock bose harness and gives you rca so you can add your own amp to an otherwise stock system. then you can either add additional subs or use a combination of stock location upgrades. I will see if I can find the harness and post it up.

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pac c2a-gm24 is the required harness, but apparently isn't the easiest to find currently. although I have spotted a couple on ebay used.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Triplearon