street scene hitch cover - how do you mount it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chadman

Reaction score
I bought a street scene hitch cover and I see it goes into the receiver hitch but how do you get it to stay in? There are holes in the square part that goes into the receiver, but they don't line up when the hitch cover is in all the way and there is no way to put a pin or bolt thru anyways once the hitch cover is in.

Are you supposed to just use double sided tape?
photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How weird. Certainly interesting. Wish i could help more. If I think of something I'll post up!

ryanls1

Reaction score
I just recently purchased one as well and if you push the cover all the way in and then lay under the truck you can see where it comes all the way through right before the spare tire. I bought a bolt and lock nut from home depot and slid it through the hole on the cover and tightened it up. Hope this helps

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that how the street scene is supposed to mount?

ryanls1

Reaction score
Not sure? Only came with painting instructions so I improvised. The bolt and pin that came with my trailer hitch was a little big so I got a bolt a little bit smaller. Been on my truck on and off for 2 months now and through a few car washes with no problems

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DNW to lay underneath of my SUV to remove a hitch cover.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shoresy69