stoping axle wrap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score
so my buddy told me after he flagged one of my races that he saw my axle wrap up a ton on my launch. i never really noticed but he did and now im really concerned... how do i stop this.

my thoughts were back to the days of old, when muscle cars had traction bars hanging under the rear axle, would this maybe help me out?

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran traction bars on my old S-10 and they worked. What is the set up on the rear now look like?

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
leaf or coil, if coil, no, Traction bars won't do anything. thing is, he may be exaggerating it a tad. The rear suspension will torque like it supposed too, to a point. Are you laying down some serious black marks when you launch, or is it a chirp and go?
I don't see much problems with SUV's getting rear end movement, other than what it should, unless you have parts going out.

95TwinTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are having a mild case of axle wrap, often you can cure it with “leaf”, type overload springs, put on backwards.

Install them on the bottom of the leaf springs in front of the axle.

Wheel hop is a good indication that your springs are wrapping. Traction bars would for sure, cure it totally.

If you don’t do something to stop the wheel hop, it could lead to premature damage to the posi or diff. :)

OP
OP
D

DJTricky

Banned
Reaction score
ok sweet, and i get money off from there cus of my car club lol

will i have the same issue once i go on air? or is there any special set ups that i would have to look into?

95TwinTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It all depends on the air system you use. I have been looking for a 4 link for my 2 dr, but so far, no luck.

I have seen some systems for other trucks that used the front half of the leaf springs, but then you must have a pan hard bar to keep the rear in place.

I can't remember if yours is a 2 or 4 dr. I know they make bolt on 4-link, for the 4 dr trucks. That would eliminate the need for the traction bars. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harpo123