Stop the damn buzzing!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blreed42778

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Unfortunately its all doors. The light works when I toggle the overide switch but when I close the doors, the light stays on. Its pretty aggrivating especially at night when I am trying to load my son in his car seat!

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i didn't want to pull it off but i taped up the wholes with duct tape. not that annoying anymore
That's what I did, I still want the buzzer but didn't like it being the only sound I heard while it was on.
I took mine out and cracked her open. Its indicated on the circuit board what each terminal goes to. Heres a crappy diagram:

View attachment 4684

I'm not sure what the "SB" stuff is, but I'm sure the one everybody is after is the "KEY" terminal. I'm about break that one off and see if it works. Any idea what the "SB" is, or the "B+"?
SB is for "seatbelt." B+ is the pretensioner. Basically GM doesn't want us doing this because the seatbelt pretensioner system wiring goes through that box. When you pull the box out, the seatbelt light goes out and when you brake real hard, the seatbelts remain slack. It's best to either modify them by breaking the tabs or covering it with tape to quiet it, but don't remove it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
24tahoe04