Stock lifting!! For Tahoe 2dr please help and attention

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dear all

First I searched the Internet for the best 2~3inch lift for my 2dr tahoe unfortunately I couldn't find any good method!

And just yesterday I saw a stock suburban maybe 97 model was higher than my tahoe I checked it out it looks stock u asked the owner he confirmed

Now I want to know How I can get that in my Tahoe I need the lift without sacrificing any thing

imi4tth3w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2wd or 4wd?

2-3" lift can be achieved by cranking your torsion bars. which has probably been discussed here no more than 1000000000 times. but you sill sacrifice your ride.

only way to get a lift and keep factory ride is to do a bigger lift like the 6" RCX (which is really only about a 4" lift cranked to 6". you can set it where ever you want aka at 4" to keep factory ride and be lifted. but it will cost a bit more than just cranking your torsion bars. up to you)

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
A body lift can be 2 or 3 in lift. Works great and will get you where you want to be. Cranking can lift but parts will wear out fast and will ride like crap

OP
OP
saif najd

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2wd or 4wd?

2-3" lift can be achieved by cranking your torsion bars. which has probably been discussed here no more than 1000000000 times. but you sill sacrifice your ride.

only way to get a lift and keep factory ride is to do a bigger lift like the 6" RCX (which is really only about a 4" lift cranked to 6". you can set it where ever you want aka at 4" to keep factory ride and be lifted. but it will cost a bit more than just cranking your torsion bars. up to you)

My problem clearly is missing the FJ cruiser suspension (the flexibility and articulation)

I will NOT cranck any thing all what I am looking for is the best way with good budget as well 4 inch hmm

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

A body lift can be 2 or 3 in lift. Works great and will get you where you want to be. Cranking can lift but parts will wear out fast and will ride like crap

This is it I want a stock like or more not less no point if iam getting less

Last edited:

Dowsewashere

Reaction score
dude that last comment didnt make any sense. But you have two options being you wont crank. a suspension lift or body lift. also a FJ has coils instead of torsion bars giving them a better set of options for articulation. and it sounds like you are knowledgeable about off roading so i say suspensions your best bet.

OP
OP
saif najd

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dude that last comment didnt make any sense. But you have two options being you wont crank. a suspension lift or body lift. also a FJ has coils instead of torsion bars giving them a better set of options for articulation. and it sounds like you are knowledgeable about off roading so i say suspensions your best bet.

Thank you yes exactly I need a suspension lift which can make the front suspension more flexible like modern SUV unlike the one I have already (the Tahoe stock) when I jacked the front ir when I jump the side wakes I was seprised how the front didn't have that much of movement so I am thinking long arms and longer shocks? May do the trick?

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about building a good crawler and towing to your off roading site. the IFS will only get you so far. you can always go back to a solid front axle and run some long arms with coilover shocks, that will give you all of the adjustability you need and still have a nice ride.

Just a thought

OP
OP
saif najd

saif najd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about building a good crawler and towing to your off roading site. the IFS will only get you so far. you can always go back to a solid front axle and run some long arms with coilover shocks, that will give you all of the adjustability you need and still have a nice ride.

Just a thought

The thing is the city I am in have the worst road conditions you can imagine so I am using the tahoe daily for example if I jump the side wake I can save my self a 20~30 min trip! So I need the suspension which can take such easily

Hmmm wait a second, solid axle thats will be great.

How cab I get longer arms for the stock setup ?

Last edited:

Dowsewashere

Reaction score
I know I've seen a bracket kit that will allow for coils. You're going to need a leaf sprung solid front axle to get the best articulation. And if you run dual shock mounts it should ride fairly well. You're going to need off road design shackles, a dana 60 with a drivers side drop out of a late 70s ford yadda yadda. There are plenty of write ups.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yote1