Stock 8" sub vs Aftermarket Setup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
Bose system

I have a 05 taho Z71. with the BOSE system. I have no wholes for the rear sub but the space is there. So my Question is Do I have the centre console sub? And If I do it SUCKS!!!
I was looking on the weekend on how to put a sub in the back but really dont want to change the factory stereo been there done that. once you start you cant stop. I will eventually change the factory stuff, at the age of the truck the sound isnt what it once was . I just dont want to get the audio bug again.:emotions122:

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well sounds like you already have the audio bug starting lol... 03+ have the center console crap sub

Coatwolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cant find an answer to my question.... anybody....

I do not have an OEM sub enclosure but Im searching on eBay and will prob buy one....

Need to know what the mounting depth of the OEM box is? For regular Yukon (2004) Box part # is 15766432

So if anyone can help Id appreciate it!!

Mounting depth of the OEM box?

Coatwolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think its about 3"- 4".

Thanks man - I hate shallow mount subs.... Ill pass on the sub back there.. I may go with the Q-Customs under the seat box or build one

I love old school car audio stuff, I have a NOS 10" Orion Extreme Sub Im going to use:)

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cant find an answer to my question.... anybody....

I do not have an OEM sub enclosure but Im searching on eBay and will prob buy one....

Need to know what the mounting depth of the OEM box is? For regular Yukon (2004) Box part # is 15766432

So if anyone can help Id appreciate it!!

Mounting depth of the OEM box?

That number looks like the speaker only to me. Not the box.

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Well sounds like you already have the audio bug starting lol... 03+ have the center console crap sub

Is there any worthwhile aftermarket replacement for that sub? I have an '03 XL with bose...

I might try to find a used 8" enclosure to add to the rear otherwise.

I can't find any information regarding upgrading my setup other than the JL audio stealthbox and thats waay more than my wife would let me spend. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spargewort

Latest posts