starting up problem..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevyrider619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah got a problem.. Truck is running fine but,today i tried to remote start it just to warm it up and it dint wanna start.. So i went and turned it on manually and it hesitaded but it turned on.. About a week or two it did the same thing..I have an optima battery with a 150 or 200 alternator not dure something like that..So me ppl were saying that the cold weather can be the cause,is this true?? and if it is,what can be done??:wtf::think:

badtothe bone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I can take a stab at it.

The picture in your avatar shows about a 90's model truck?

My first question is - is the remote start factory installed or did you do it yourself or pay someone to install it for you?

Working in a garage, one of the most often asked questions is - why does my remote start not work?

The answer is not a single answer, but a complex series of questions and answers.

Things like - who installed it, what condition is the electrical system in the truck in. Things like the coil and the spark plug wires and the spark plugs.

After all - you are there and I am here.

Sometimes it is related to how the remote starter was installed and other times it is related to the box it's self.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo