Starting having issues with reverse :( 2001 yukon xl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KR66

Reaction score
The last couple days reverse has been acting strange on perfectly flat ground it seems to engage ok but if there's a slight incline very slight it jumps or drops out? The fluid is full and clean the filter was charged about 18 months ago forward is fine at all speeds and inclines. What can I check? I don't like putting additives in the transmission I know some say trans x but it could do more damage If there's gum in the valve body.

OP
OP
K

KR66

Reaction score
Thanks for all the expert help!!!! Never found any help here! What happened to people that actually know what they are talking about?

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
The last couple days reverse has been acting strange on perfectly flat ground it seems to engage ok but if there's a slight incline very slight it jumps or drops out? The fluid is full and clean the filter was charged about 18 months ago forward is fine at all speeds and inclines. What can I check? I don't like putting additives in the transmission I know some say trans x but it could do more damage If there's gum in the valve body.

How many miles does your rig have now?
How many miles did it have when u did the fluid change? What did the oil look like then was there any debris on the oil?

Without having more info about ur rig other than the little info you provided, I would guess the internal valve body shift valve is no good or the pillow switch has gone bad. Both of those of those items are inside the tranny and can be replaced without dropping the tranny.

Last edited:

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Thanks for all the expert help!!!! Never found any help here! What happened to people that actually know what they are talking about?

Most members get on the forum as time permits them, we all have lives and responsibilities outside this site. No one gets paid to give advice, we all try to help as much as possible.

If you need immediate help please take your rig to an indy shop and have them diagnose it! Those sarcastic comments are not going to get you any responses on the forum.
There is lots of knowledge on this forum and many folks have fixed their rigs using the advise from folks in this site.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KR66- You didn't even say what trans, how do you expect diagnostics?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panzerwagen