Stalling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scott Hilder

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Yukon Denali AWD, and I can not figure out why it keeps stalling. It only does it when I'm idling, you hear the RPMs drop,the check engine light comes on as well as the alert "parking assist disabled" the battery gage changes from 14 to 11 or so while in idle. New battery, autozone checked alternator and came back good. I'm lost and not trying to spend hundreds on a mechanic to run a diagnostic

Lord Snax

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is the computer storing any codes? Have the computer scanned by an OBDII scanner and see if there are any codes. It may help pinpoint a cause.

Note. The computer can sometimes store codes and not turn on the check engine light.

EDIT

You can take your Yukon to AutoZone or Advance Auto Parts and ask them to scan the computer for you. They do it for free.

OP
OP
S

Scott Hilder

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is the computer storing any codes? Have the computer scanned by an OBDII scanner and see if there are any codes. It may help pinpoint a cause.

Note. The computer can sometimes store codes and not turn on the check engine light.

EDIT

You can take your Yukon to AutoZone or Advance Auto Parts and ask them to scan the computer for you. They do it for free.

Yeah I took it, and there is no codes

Lord Snax

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It might be a vacuum leak. Have your Yukon checked for vacuum leaks. Having a leak can cause the vehicle to not run right.

calif phil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try cleaning the throttle body. They get gummed up and cause low idle stalling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyC