Srs code reader

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sick1166

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone in south fl help me out and have a reader for my airbag light ?
Know of a shop that can read cheap I went by 2 shops today and 1 was 175.00 and another was 100.00 to give me the code. I just can't afford that much now

OP
OP
sick1166

sick1166

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks ,I tried 2 auto stores by me and they don't read airbag they said ,only check engine

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you could buy a scanner for that for about a 100.

free checks for the air bag light are, look under the seats for the yellow plug, under the dash should be another from the clock spring. take the plugs off and on a few times, sometimes you get a dirty connection and this clears it up.

if your radio control's on the wheel do not work, the clock spring went bad on ya.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hmm, well then start calling other repair shops some of them will read codes for free, they do this to hopefully to get a customer, otherwise if that doesn't pan out you may have to just save up and buy your own scanner there are some relatively cheap ones out there that will read airbags for under $100.
one other thing I can think of is to just post up on craigslist and ask if anyone has a scanner that can read airbags and if they would be willing to scan it for you or ask any friends on facebook if they know anyone, just an idea.
one other solution is buy one at walmart of something use it to read the code then return it, you end up with no out of pocket expense.

OP
OP
sick1166

sick1166

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for some great ideas . I am in west palm beach but am going to check on facebook and Craigslist if not guess pick 1 up

Wolfbraid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know mine has the open recall from GM regarding "old" airbags with no current remedy. I wonder if your CEL has something to do with that.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know mine has the open recall from GM regarding "old" airbags with no current remedy. I wonder if your CEL has something to do with that.
That won’t cause an error. That recall is for the possibility of an airbag exploding when there’s no vehicle impact. There’s no SRS codes that that recall sets off. There’s actually not been a single erroneous airbag deployment in our SUV’s relating to the Takata airbag recall to date.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz