Sprinkler stains on paint (severe)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eagle-co94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a product for removing stains from hard water stains die to getting hit by sprinklers?

After leaving town for a month or so I returned to find that my sprinklers were speaking my truck and now I've got a metallic sheen on the paint. Anyone have suggestions on what to use?

My only ideas are rubbing compound until it's gone and possibly reclear it.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have used htese successfully:

Meguiar's Hard Water Spot Remover - 16oz - M4716
Chemical Guys SPI88616 - Water Spot Rx Hard Water Spot Remover for Glass and Windows 16 oz

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my .02 and an option. I know it sounds harsh, but bear with me for a moment.

When we get heavy salt crust or rust on the boat paint that won't wash off with soap or buff off, we will try a bit of CLR or Lime Away. Sometimes even on big areas of the hull or transom as well. I know it sounds crazy, but that well water is some nasty, hard water.

Wash the area first, Keep the surface wet. Maybe test a small inconspicuous patch with a Q tip to see how it goes at first. If you are happy with that tiny result, do a bigger patch, keeping it wet and only keeping it on the paint for a short amount of time while you wipe it over the stained area. Repeat a few times until the color goes away. Then I would say go with the clay bar, polish, seal and wax.

Just another option, maybe worth trying.

OP
OP
eagle-co94

eagle-co94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sadly I'm not really dealing with water spots at all. The paint has actually got a metallic purple tint to it now from the sprinklers. I'll have to post a couple pics of what I'm talking about.

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
Any buffing compound would work, even the cheapy stuff. Iv used all kinds of stuff over the years and have not really seen much of difference from any of the name brands. Those are also compared to some of the commercial stuff I have worked with. Keeping a good wax every 90ish days will help keep these things from happening as well. Even if you pay someone else to do a real buff and wax job it worth it in the end. Most of the time you don't even need a buff after you get a few rotations of wax going, just gotta keep her clean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper