Sound deadening

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Atreuce

Atreuce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So yeah I completely forgot to come back and post after the holidays.

My bad.

As far as how it went... I covered pretty much everything, inside the door, and the access holes. Minus the parts where the door thing had to lock, unlock, and the other wires, etc. Little holes were made for those..

To be honest, it made my doors a hell of a lot heavier, and shuts more of a thump. It made the inside seem better as far as music, but the road noise is still quite bad. I'm assuming because I didn't do the floor.

Used a DB meter and it stayed around 75 before AND after doing about 55-60mph on a mostly decent highway road.

I have to go back and fix my rear doors because they seem to have added some noise somehow, but I think that was more or less my fault because of a broken bolt that apparently happened before I bought it.

Am I happy with it? Not really. I'm far from a professional, and if done right it probably would be a lot better than it is, BUT I am happy with how the music sounds inside now. So meh.

The frostking foil layer will NOT stay down at all even with 3M glue spray. Was kind of annoying..

I ended up getting 3 2door boxes of dynamat from a buddy, but I'm so not going through to remove all that crap to redo it with dyna. So that's just gonna sit there. Wife said she wanted it in her new car which has a ton of road noise (dont know how/why in a 2014 model, but whatever)

Anyway. Sorry to delay you guys. Holidays have been crazy. Hope this helps someone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019

Latest posts