Slate Gray Metallic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had much experience with this color in person? It's so hard to gauge it's true color from various dealership websites as it seems to range from very blueish to an actual gray color in the photos depending upon the lighting. Does this color truly change that much depending upon the lighting or are these just some terrible photos from the dealerships?

I can't seem to find many photos of this color "out in the wild".

I'll be seeing it on my test drive this Friday but wanted to try and get some more real world photos if possible before hand.

boodrizzle

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's blue-ish. I was going to order it at first. Glad I changed my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
chicagofan00

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's blue-ish. I was going to order it at first. Glad I changed my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What color did you go with instead? Was it the blue-ish tint that made you change your mind?

I saw one at my dealer last week when I was in for service. I kind of liked the color. It was for sure bluish.

Did it seem to change a lot depending upon the angle you saw it at or was it blue-ish from all angles?

ktpinnacle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. The color looked irridescent to me, especially in strong sun. It's definitely a color that depends on personal taste.

OP
OP
chicagofan00

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree. The color looked irridescent to me, especially in strong sun. It's definitely a color that depends on personal taste.

I'm in Phoenix so we definitely have the "strong sun" part covered! I keep going back and forth on the color based on the photos. One minute I really love it, then next I am not so sure. Definitely looking forward to seeing it in person on Friday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts