single din flip out screen radio - 99 obs install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

domer94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey , im thinking of going this route for the navigation function. do you guys have know of any that fit better than others and which have better nav programs? I want to avoid the Chinese stuff that makes you take lefts onto railroad tracks. also , do these screens typically clear the bezel ok? any issues I should know of?
lastlt, other than the 2 din kit that is in the sticky , is there another option for 2 din install these days?

thanks!

ThinBlue82

Reaction score
I have an alpine flip out that I've had for years. Works just fine but I will admit that it's kinda outdated these days. No problems sliding out but with the bouncing around our trucks do it can be a bit of a pain. If you're just looking for navigation I would just get a phone mount or buy a Garmin or something.

OP
OP
domer94

domer94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was going to change the stock head unit out anyhow , so I figured I would look for something that will eliminate the windshield mount gps and be a one-stop shop . are those really that unstable?

ThinBlue82

Reaction score
They aren't terrible but if I were doing it over I would opt for a double din setup. Unfortunately, when I purchased my head unit the double dins were very rare (2003)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McLoud24

Latest posts