Should I pick up an LS6 cam or something else?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chacho44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great info guys Im new here but am a member on perftrucks. I was thinking about a cam swap on my 00 yukon, 5.3 has about 145k on it just wondering if it will be worth doing with the miles. Also this is my dd as well, so driveability is a must. Im lookin for a cam that will be safe for a stock 60e trans, well I ordered a servo for it but thats its, I dont wanna do a tc or other things. Im not thinking about headers yet, although they say its a must, but little by little and ill getb there. I do have a cai and will have the servo soon and of course will have the famous BB TUNE. But wondering about this cam, would like to have some lope to it but nothing crazy, just noticeable. Any advise???????

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
that Comp I mentioned will do wonders. Even IF you ever swap to a later model 5.3, take the cam and slide it into the new 5.3. :)

chacho44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that Comp I mentioned will do wonders. Even IF you ever swap to a later model 5.3, take the cam and slide it into the new 5.3. :)

But will it be safe for my stock trans, and tc???? The previous owner had it rebuilt already, I wanna say it has about 40k on it, Oh yea I still have to install the servo, but that will be about it. Any sound clips out there with this cam. I youtubed it sound good. I read the the reply's so this cam is ok for a stock trans then??? Also blueflamed lol my yukon is the same color as yours with 20's too, lol good taste.

Last edited:

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes, that cam ( like Jenna even informed me, so I learned something new) it will need a tune, but should work on stock tranny and TC. But a simple addition, is a Trailblazer stall, can get one for under $200 that will stall around 2600ish, and work great with that cam. But a stock stall will suffice too.

Chev4Ev

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry to take this off the subject of cams but I was wondering about that Trailblazer stall. What year and/or what motor and transmission is that stall from and can you just find them on ebay?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyetheguy93