Should 1.5 spacers trigger service suspension light on an LTZ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverlx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As some may know I replaced my autoride struts (front) with Bilstein 5100's. To trick the system so the service suspension light wouldn't come on I wired in a resistor on each wiring harmed that use to plug into the strut. Everything was fine.

Two days ago I installed rear 1.5" spacers. Very easy install, only took about an hour. I had the drop the axle pretty far down but I didn't see anything unplugged after installation. It was fine for about 24 hours but now I get the service suspension warning upon startup. Once it cleared the message with the DIC check button it doesn't come back until I start it again.

My question is can just the spaces cause it to throw the message or should I recheck the resistors I wired up in the front (I found someone who used a 22ohm with success but all I found at my Radio Shack was a 10ohm) oh and rear compressor still kicks on and raises the back (almost every time I start the truck, at least if its been sitting an hour or more)

imi4tth3w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm a bit confused here. you haven't gotten the service light till after you installed the spacers? how long ago did you wire in the resistors? you can wire resistors in series to get the proper resistance as well...

chade7320

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did the Monroe passive conversion kit at the same time I did my ccm kit and new wheels and tires.

The Monroe kit came with resistors to install along with passive shocks/struts for all four corners. I only changed the front struts at this time and only installed resistors in the fronts and left the auto rides in the back. I'm thinking if I install the resistors on the rears also it may fix my issue. I think my issue is coming from front two being passive and rears I still have active.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope it shouldn't. I have autoride and 1.5 rear spacers and there is nothing lit up on my DIC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA