Shake above 70 mph, gets worse as I go faster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big question, what is the speed of the vibration? Wheel speed/ Drive line speed? Engine speed?

OP
OP
lbenson

lbenson

Reaction score
Never found a solution to this one... ended up getting rid of the truck April of 2021 as the 8-speed failed at 175k. Could have been premature failure of the transmission at that point.

Kept my wheels and swapped them onto the 2018 with the 10-speed we have... still get shaking occasionally above 70 but not as bad... who knows what causes it. Never a consistent speed or anything just at higher highway speeds. Could also just be the various roads. Doesn't bother me enough anymore to look into it.

The same wheels and tires probably have 38k on them now... Michelin Defenders. Will at least double that mileage before I replace them.

Dreadz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know this thread is a year old but I have a 2013 Tahoe with the SAME EXACT issues. Shaking at 70mph. I seen multiple people mention checking the axles to see if they’re loose. Well I through the truck on the lift then tugged on the front axle. Well it’s slightly loose but here’s the big question. Should I just go ahead and replace the axle??

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know this thread is a year old but I have a 2013 Tahoe with the SAME EXACT issues. Shaking at 70mph. I seen multiple people mention checking the axles to see if they’re loose. Well I through the truck on the lift then tugged on the front axle. Well it’s slightly loose but here’s the big question. Should I just go ahead and replace the axle??
Please start a new thread in the 2007-2014 section for your issue..Thank you!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n