Service and a new recall??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2manycars4me

Reaction score
Any one get a notice or any information on a recall for the 4 wheel drive on a 16 Yukon Denali? I called for a service appointment on the transmission slip, rear windows sound like sandpaper rolling down and up, a rattle in the left side and the molding on the roof rack is lifted up about two inches and you can see the mounting of the rails to the roof.

The service advisor said they were going to do a recall on the 4 wheel drive. I thought I would look it up on the owners site but there is nothing listed there or on NHTSA site. Strange.

Last edited:

68 Grand

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Our 2015 Tahoe received a 4WD system reprogramming not long after we took delivery of it. It was something about the system improperly staying in 4WD all the time in cold weather. I don't recall the specifics. Some 2016s were already on the lot when we got ours so I imagine they may have needed the reprogram as well. I don't think it would show up in the recall thing since it wasn't a safety issue.

spiderman865

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had my 2016 Tahoe in for another issue and when got the vehicle back, on the work order there was mention of 4WD recall and that a reprogram was done to correct probelm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coops924