Seems sluggish

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nathan Ross

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
07 Yukon XL Denali. 130k miles. Stock other than wheels and tires. Which are 285/45r22 Toyo Opencountry Q/T. Black rhino Mozambique rims.

this summer the truck feel sluggish. Yes I know it’s a 7k brick on wheels. I feel it used to have more power. My mileage has drop from 13.5 to 12.2 mpg over the last 2 months.

No check engine light. Runs smooth just feels sluggish. It will move if I step on it but I seems to take more throttle.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

PS please forgive any typos. This was typed on a phone.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Maintainence history???

Last time plugs were changed?
Air filter changed?
Transmission serviced?
Oil changed?
Air pressure in tires?
Brakes dragging?

Have you checked the canootin valve?

mooman

Reaction score
Maintenance.

Every once in a while, I like to run a tank with seafoam x3 in a row. Does it help? Maybe. But it will at least give me a piece of mind that I am cleaning out injectors. I like to seafoam the top end every so often (20k miles), with that, new set of plugs and wires. They are cheap enough and it clears my mind knowing that my ignition is working properly as well.
I would look into what kbuskill mentioned.

Too much? Maybe. But I beat the hell out if my 03 Yukon when I had it and it never missed a beat. All the way up to 279,400 miles. Until the rear end crapped. I recently bought a newer Yukon Denali and the first thing I did was the top end cleaning, new plugs. And have ran 3 tanks with seafoam. I can tell you that it made a HUGE difference in driving.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
at 130k you probably just need basic maintenance/tune-up, plugs/wires, fuel injector cleaning, change the 02 sensors, clean the intake and maf, most of that you can do yourself, the injector cleaning some shops have a tool to direct inject cleaner right to the fuel rail and clean them out pretty good. all together if you do most of it yourself and shop rockauto/ebay/amazon you can get it done for $500-600

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thebull12

Latest posts