Second row cup holders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bhicks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone that has one checked for 2nd row (bench) folded clearance? Thanks!
We have a middle row bench in our 2018 Yukon XL. If you want to keep the cup holder in place when you fold the 60 section of the 60/40 bench forward (the 40 section does not make contact) then you get about 95% of the seat movement down before it hits the cup holder. As you can see from the pic there is about an 1" behind the driver seat that it can still go but is now hitting the cup holder. If you really need that extra inch for something then just lift the cup holder out of the way and slide it under the seat. We send it with strips of 3M adhesive but you don't really need them. If you tend to haul a lot in the back and tend to fold up those seats frequently then just set it in place using the hook that's built in and don't worry about it. If you are Captain Overkill then use the adhesive and a couple screws in the two screw holes. My kids like to play with the cup holder so I used the adhesive so they would stop pulling it off. Didn't do much for attachment but did a LOT for my sanity.

Attachments

• PXL_20221121_220630065.jpg
    PXL_20221121_220630065.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 28

Philpug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We used to sell our product .stl files a while back and it turned into a nightmare. Folks kept mass producing our parts and became our competitors with our own product. One guy made a copy cat website that looked exactly like our site and tried to pretend he was us. His part quality and customer service were horrific. Folks started reaching out to us with complaints and demanding their order and we had no record of any order from them. It badly tarnished our brand name and we had nothing to do with it. Eventually we figured it out and got a lawyer to deal with it. My lawyer made it VERY clear to stop selling my files. Too many legal issues.
No good deed goes unpunished. :(

tuckerrnr1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered this cup holder from Bhicks Etsy page and the quality is top notch. I would recommend this for anyone wanting a great answer to second row cup holders.

Bhicks

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's been a while since I have been on here but I wanted to thank all of you for supporting our business and buying one of our cup holders. Just this week we broke the 1000 mark for quantity shipped. That is always a nice milestone to hit and our mark for a successful product. Thanks again. We still have a few machines printing these 24/7 and try to keep at least a few in stock and ready to ship at all times.

Edit: forgot to add this other update:
Our kids would often step on this cup holder when climbing up into the front. We had told them MANY times not to do that but they don't always listen. Eventually the hook that attaches the cup holder cracked. I went back and worked on an improved design. I realized if I make the hook too strong then it will be the console that will crack if a large enough child steps on it and that is not acceptable. I was able to increase the strength of the hook by about 35% and not risk damaging the console. The hook WILL break before the console does if someone with some serious weight decides the cup holder is a step. If the hook is any stronger then we risk damaging the console. It has now been 4 months of 4 kid abuse with the new design and still looking great. The new design looks almost identical to the old except the hook is a bit thicker and the density of the plastic is thicker. The new design is what we are now shipping out. Just wanted to let you guys know. It has been battle tested with great results.

Attachments

• PXL_20220328_200341571.jpg
    PXL_20220328_200341571.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20220328_200452610.jpg
    PXL_20220328_200452610.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Forum statistics