Second row cup holders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pivot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The second-row cupholder disgrace was driving me nuts as well. After hours of considering various possible solutions, I finally settled on something that works fairly decently. It's not perfect, and it's not cheap, but it's extremely flexible and had very little permanent impact on the car. I ended up getting a pair of the new(ish) Ram Mount "Level Cup XL" holders (https://www.rammount.com/blog/2017/01/get-grip-new-level-cup-xl/), and I bolted little 1" Ram Mount balls to the inside base of the two rear seats.

View attachment 195118 View attachment 195119

The cupholders themselves are height-adjustable to accommodate tall bottles as well as small cans, and the Ram ball and arm system allows the holders to be repositioned based on occupant preference, dealing with gear in the back, etc. Ram Mount arms of different lengths allow even more positioning flexibility. And if I need to get the cupholders out of the way for any reason, I can just pop the arms off the seat bases. (It's hard to tell from the pictures, but the ball mounts do not protrude past the inner-most edge of the seats.)

Clever. Ram makes good stuff.

DKNorris

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Great find, thanks![/QUO
I have a 2019 Tahoe and the second row cup holders were HORRIBLE as well. I found these “stroller cup holders” that I attached to the “cubbie” wall under the controls on the back of the front center console. Works GREAT! Held my 32oz YETI perfectly.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q78TBFZ/ref=twister_B07J4MDYQP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

View attachment 221594 View attachment 221595 View attachment 221596
THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH FOR SHARING!!! I just ordered these and feel like they are a perfect solution for us!

James Fagin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So glad I found this yesterday! I just ordered mine off of Amazon because its a pain for the backseat riders if we go and get food.

wilbranka

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The second-row cupholder disgrace was driving me nuts as well. After hours of considering various possible solutions, I finally settled on something that works fairly decently. It's not perfect, and it's not cheap, but it's extremely flexible and had very little permanent impact on the car. I ended up getting a pair of the new(ish) Ram Mount "Level Cup XL" holders (https://www.rammount.com/blog/2017/01/get-grip-new-level-cup-xl/), and I bolted little 1" Ram Mount balls to the inside base of the two rear seats.

The cupholders themselves are height-adjustable to accommodate tall bottles as well as small cans, and the Ram ball and arm system allows the holders to be repositioned based on occupant preference, dealing with gear in the back, etc. Ram Mount arms of different lengths allow even more positioning flexibility. And if I need to get the cupholders out of the way for any reason, I can just pop the arms off the seat bases. (It's hard to tell from the pictures, but the ball mounts do not protrude past the inner-most edge of the seats.)
Thanks for sharing, just placed an order for one side to see how it works out. Looks to be a good solution for a big issue!

Pivot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mostly just threaten my second row passengers and that does the trick. The kids are all adults now, so they get it too. I do wish GM came out with a cheapo clip on dealie to go onto the back of the console cubby as was mentioned above.

wilbranka

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

It took a month after placing my order, but this idea worked out great. Thanks Again!!!

Attachments

• Denali_Cupholder1.jpg
    Denali_Cupholder1.jpg
    447.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Denali_Cupholder2.jpg
    Denali_Cupholder2.jpg
    361.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Denali_Cupholder3.jpg
    Denali_Cupholder3.jpg
    514.7 KB · Views: 22

wilbranka

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, just placed an order for one side to see how it works out. Looks to be a good solution for a big issue!
Installed mine today, took about 4 weeks after placing the order.

Attachments

• Denali_Cupholder1.jpg
    Denali_Cupholder1.jpg
    447.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Denali_Cupholder2.jpg
    Denali_Cupholder2.jpg
    361.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Denali_Cupholder3.jpg
    Denali_Cupholder3.jpg
    514.7 KB · Views: 2

Forum statistics

Threads