Seafoam induction?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
i dont know if the smoke is carbon or burning seafoam... not overly concerned about it either... it didnt do much for my truck because my truck was running smooth anyways. But when I did it to my girlfriends Denali I got plumes of white smoke and even my girlfriend noticed how much smoother her truck was running. And she is not a car/truck person.

I will be changing my oil in about a month and just put 1/3 bottle of this stuff in my crank case and the rest into the fuel

Tribalbreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think i might be the only one with a bad experince from seafoam... did it to my 03 nali, and about a day later the o2 sensors were bad... codes popped up, the truck would not run, and after they were replaced all was well... maybe just a fluke or maybe it was the foam... i have been weary of trying it again.

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think i might be the only one with a bad experince from seafoam... did it to my 03 nali, and about a day later the o2 sensors were bad... codes popped up, the truck would not run, and after they were replaced all was well... maybe just a fluke or maybe it was the foam... i have been weary of trying it again.

I didn't have any problem but I've heard that burning off all that carbon can plug up 02 sensors.

Thumper8302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im just gonna pop off my lil 2 cents lol.. i used to manage a lube shop and did sea foam treatments all the time.... love the stuff... chem tool is s***.... Now im not sure if napa stores do this or not but u can rent a vacuum canister at some parts stores... just fill the canister up disconnect ur vacuum hose from ur booster and hook it up to the canister. u will want the canister to be held upright ( just hang it from ur hood latch ) start the truck then turn the knob very slowly until u see a steady stream in the viewing window of the canister... it will take on average anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes to completely drain the canister... u will notice the engine will bog but with using the canister the motor will not die.... when its done turn ur truck off, connect ur hose back up to ur booster and then go drive around for bout 15 minutes.... if u can get on the highway great cause neighborhoods can complain lol... now on a mechanical note.... tribal break said his o2 sensors needed replaced afterwards.. sea foam does break up carbon deposits and can clog things up.... i would recommend if u have more than 100,000 miles on ur truck and u need a tune up run the treatment right before u do that... i have seen it with my own eyes foul up plugs where a tune up was done only 2 weeks prior..... after ur first treatment i would only recommend doing it once every year afterwards to prevent any further build up and decrease the chances considerably of fouling anything up in the motor or exhaust. hope this lil tid bit helps... oh and make sure before u run the treatment ur truck is up to operating temp

maniacmurray

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, my '03 Tahoe has 189k miles, but would hang with most any on the road, doesn't smoke, tick, ping, click, etc... Anyways, I am thinking about using the Seafoam treatment on mine as well and was wondering if I should worry cuz of my high mileage? I am the 3rd owner and the original owner was a cop who installed a chip, other than that it's stock and purrs! So should I trust/use the Seafoam and then do a tune up shortly thereafter? Thanks, Frank!!!

NOPROBROBB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get this stuff at walmart as well, its only 8 bucks a can. i did my 03 tahoe about a month ago, put about half in pvc hose, half in oil, and a full can in the gas. Got alot of smoke but didnt notice a big difference after running it through. The one thing you have to watch out for if you put it in your oil is that it will definately get dirty faster if its the first time using it from all the junk getting broke up in there. I think i noticed a slight increase in mpg but nothing to do backflips over. all in all i am happy with it and plan on doing it every year now and maybe put it in the gas tank twice a year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abruck