running boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07-fivethree

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wife is wanting some wider running boards than her stock Kon boards. What are you guys running? Are the stock Denali hide away boards any wider?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Haha is she wide/flat footed or something?
Just kidding, but eveyone on here has stock boards or the power ones, the aftermarket power ones are even thinner than what you currently have.
I don't think their will be and wider aftermarket ones either.

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
The power running boards are bigger! I noticed that when we picked up my mom's new Escalade today.

Although, the dealer informed me that installing those OEM boards on a vehicle that didn't come with them is a huge pain, and that it is better to go the aftermarket route.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I think they may come off as bigger because they unfold completely out allowing more foot clearance, but thats about it, they can't be much bigger.
The family H2 with some fat power running boards is like the same size with mine, just that it allows more clearance, I can say that if it was put on an Escalade/Tahoe it would look weird as hell with how big it is.

OP
OP
07-fivethree

07-fivethree

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ouch modded.. lol. She is neither. However you know how our running boards are recessed a little, it takes away from the full width of the board. She wears heels everyday for work, she tells me she really has to pay attention when getting in sometimes.

I just know some of the escalades and i think Denalis have the optional power step, I was just wondering. I would like to get an OEM step, where can I find one?

David4Jesus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I agree on anything aftermarket being even thinner unless you get those conversion van side steps ooooohhhh yyyyyeah

Black Beast

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My running boards

hay guys this running board came with the chrome package i got from the dealer, these running boards are really wide i think i saw them once on ebay.

Attachments

• IMG00200-20091217-1718.jpg
    IMG00200-20091217-1718.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 38

1STIMEYUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The z71 tahoe running boards seem to stick out a littler further than stock. But yea the optional pwr boards do stick out alot further when opened up.

bigblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ouch modded.. lol. She is neither. However you know how our running boards are recessed a little, it takes away from the full width of the board. She wears heels everyday for work, she tells me she really has to pay attention when getting in sometimes.

I just know some of the escalades and i think Denalis have the optional power step, I was just wondering. I would like to get an OEM step, where can I find one?

if you want to spend the coin..look into amp research steps. they are pricey but very nice, i had a set on my off road rig.

OP
OP
07-fivethree

07-fivethree

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Afte a little looking around, i tink the power steps are going to be the way to go... damnit... pretty penny though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA