Rotor / Pad Recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be coming up on front rotors/pad soon, with the rears not far behind. I don't tow very much, but I can really feel my 22"s when braking (I need something with a little more bite).

Here's what I'm looking for:

- Good bite (I don't care about dust)
- Long lasting
- Rust protection
- Reasonably priced (<$200/axle)

Thanks all!

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I'll be coming up on front rotors/pad soon, with the rears not far behind. I don't tow very much, but I can really feel my 22"s when braking (I need something with a little more bite).

Here's what I'm looking for:

- Good bite (I don't care about dust)
- Long lasting
- Rust protection
- Reasonably priced (<$200/axle)

Thanks all!

I just put these on the back of my 13 Suburban and like them.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=5416956&cc=1505393&jsn=3
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=6410124&cc=1505393&jsn=4

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the autozone duralast c-max premium ceramic pads and there premium carbon infused rotors will put you right about your price range, the pads have a lifetime warranty, the rotors have a 2 or 3 year warranty, you will probably get a lot of different opinions from other people on here though. good luck with your search.
the ones I mentioned above have worked great for me I probably wont ever change to a different brand.

OP
OP
cfmistry

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fronts have about 25k miles one them and probably another 5k left in them (truck has 170k miles). Rears have about 35k miles on them and are also pretty worn. I do not know who makes them (the truck came with them) but they are damn rusty. Honestly I am NOT happy with their performance, I need something more aggressive - I realize that's mostly the pads. I may get GM OE rotors and a more aggressive pad.

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive been using wagner oex pads on all brake jobs lately, and Raybestos anti rust coated rotors. No complaints and all are available at rock auto.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fronts have about 25k miles one them and probably another 5k left in them (truck has 170k miles). Rears have about 35k miles on them and are also pretty worn. I do not know who makes them (the truck came with them) but they are damn rusty. Honestly I am NOT happy with their performance, I need something more aggressive - I realize that's mostly the pads. I may get GM OE rotors and a more aggressive pad.

If they are rusty they are likely not GM OE, might be ACDelco Advantage.

My truck is on its 3rd set of pads, 2nd set of rotors, 57K, the first time, 78K the second set.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am happy with m y PowerStop Rotors and Pads.
Got them from summit racing. Good bite and rust resistant

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts