Roof Rack Crossbars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frankhenrylee

Reaction score
Hey fellas, don't beat me up with the "search forum" comments cause I did for a whole 10 minutes and couldn't find the answer. How do you get the crossbars off of the LS/LT roof rack? :Insane:

swtz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SawZall....

No just kidding, Take the end caps off and they slide out...

Last edited:

tahoe7689

Full Access Member
Reaction score
like what swtz71 said, slide them off, but you have to pull the little tab towards you on both end of the crossbar to "unlock" it so it will slide. It is also necessary to unscrew one of the ends of the actual roof rack so that you can slide the bar out (that may have been obvious, but just in case thats how haha).

OP
OP
F

Frankhenrylee

Reaction score
I kind of figured that was how it was done but just wanted to make sure before I started breaking, I mean, taking stuff apart. I got a steal on a used Yakima Megawarrior cargo basket, but it sits too high if I attach it to the top of the rails. I want to slide the rails off and then mount the basket to the bottom of the rails. Then I've got to find some lights. Thanks for the help fellas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamesj82