roof rack bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i pulled my z71 rack off. I havent found an esky one yet. But I will be keeping it off in the meantime.
Im glad i did actually, i found a few rust bubbles starting under the mounting plates.
My question is i have seen people say they will use a flush mount bolt and call it done. Which im actually fine with because its not that easy to see. But not all the threaded inserts are flush to the roof. If i was to guess by looking, i think the rack has been off before. Could the threaded inserts could have been pulled up when tightened? or do they not all fit flush?

corsiman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When I took mine off to install the Esky rack, none of them were flush. It seemed like they helped locate the stock mounting points on the stock rack, but the Esky rack fits flush.

73impala

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They aren't really flush they have are crimped to the roof so they stick up some. But you can get either rounded bolt heads or like a set screw that you use with an allen key.

Also you plan on selling the z71 roof rack?

OP
OP
cmc76

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, probably going to sell it. but ship to florida might be pricey. PM me if you want to look into it.
Set screws is a good idea thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645