Roof marker lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tylus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know. A lifted 'Burb I think would look pretty badazz with a set of these. We had a guy down the street who swapped a 2002 diesel and Allison trans from a wrecked dually into his 2001 'Burb. That thing was a beast and clearance lights would have nicely complemented it

strokinpower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious as to why you wouldn't use the Chevy light pattern vice the Ford pattern?

Chevy has 2 outer lights, then they put 3 lights clustered together in the center. Ford and Dodge have all 5 lights equidistant across the roof line

I've installed quite a few of these in the past on my Fords. Actually just installed a OEM set of 2012 ones on my Excursion. Recon makes good, expensive stuff. But the LED's are bright and the product is good. I prefer OEM for stuff like this.

be careful which one you buy. If you get a OEM Ford set of lights, they require drilling a 1" hole...and 1/4" holes for EACH LIGHT! The 1" hole can be a real bear to drill out.

Recon lights require drilling 4 holes per light. 3 of those holes are mounting screws, the 4th hole is I think 3/8" and that's the wire pigtail hole.

whatever light you end up using, I highly highly highly suggest you seal it with outdoor grade silicone. the rubber gaskets these lights come with are inadequate to long life and keeping water/snow out. I hate rust and I'm sure y'all do too!

I'm curious to see pics of this. I've never seen a Tahoe/Yukon/Burb with Clearance lights. I can't see it being a good look actually unless the truck is 4x4 and lifted though. Here is a pic of my Excursion for reference so you can see the spacing I mentioned above for Fords setup.
A8F9C02A-C640-4159-8C3F-5B073E4B570C_zpsybmutuhd.jpg

sorry to post a Ford on here...but you can see the Escalade in the background owning the driveway...so :High 5:

Only pre 99 fords have equal distance between lights all the other ones are 2 outer and 3 in the middle and dodge to my knowledge has never had equal spacing. The lights on this excursion are not the same spacing as an f250 or 350. Here is mine, I have recon lights and while mine have been good so far they are LED and if the go out you have to replace the whole light you cant replace just the bulb. Recon has HORRIBLE reviews by the way. null_zps537ceeb3.jpg

Last edited:

Nick v

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
They came stock on the Suburban/Yukon XL's with the quadrasteer option (due to extended rear axle width) and I think it looks great. Then again these are 3/4 tons, so maybe the slight body lift and 8 lug wheel patterns somehow make clearance lights look good.

cb4394570d76cb453e635e42f717e7f56815274d.jpg

Also, has anyone seen a quadsteer SUV? I've only seen pickups with it.

strokinpower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is one driving around here that looks identical to the pictured one.

OP
OP
Blue2002Tahoe

Blue2002Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a quadsteer suburban a few weeks ago, but they had also added a ton of amber marking lights on their mudflaps, running boards and mirrors. It was too much to help me see what the clearance lights look like.

That being said,I really like the ones in the photo.

woytovich

Reaction score
So to revive this old thread... I have 2 antennas (I think) mounted on the roof of my Yukon XL (2003). I THINK they are XM sat radio and OnStar... Since I am not going to be using either of those and there are already holes in the roof I was thinking to replace them with marker lights...

Thoughts?

Mark

woytovich

Reaction score
Although I'm seeing they do not look symmetrical... :emotions122::emotions122:

Attachments

• IMG_20150222_163457_302.jpg
    IMG_20150222_163457_302.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 18

Forum statistics

Threads
Members