Reverse lights staying on after exit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joshuaryan

Reaction score
Hey All, wife just informed me that when she puts the car in park her reverse lights are staying on and they continue to stay on even after exiting vehicle. Typically she has to lock the car repeatedly to get them to shut off. It's only when she's parked but she's made quite a few upset at the mall parking lot as they think she's leaving when she's not!

Curious how others have addressed this issue if they've come across it. As always, thank you so much for your replies.

2009 GMC Yukon Denali XL, around 108,000 miles

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's called "exit lighting " or something like that in the DIC (drivers information center) the reverse lights, mirror puddle lights and drl's stay on. You can turn off the feature or adjust the amount of time they stay on in the DIC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mr tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup my father had the same thing on his truck he disabeld it using the dic, thanks god my ppv dosent have the thing...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qurba55