Retrofit/Install Apple CarPlay+Android Auto + backup cam in 2003 Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

walther78

Reaction score
Is this possible? I've looked on ebay for receivers and they all look like a bunch of junk that ships straight from China. I'd prefer a system that comes stock in a newer model car or truck but since this is such a new thing I don't think that'll be happening soon.

I'm wondering if it's possible to swap out my stock OEM/Bose head unit with a touch screen head unit that has Bluetooth for Android Auto + Apple Car play + a rear mounted backup camera? Has anyone attempted this yet?

I'm also concerned with the security of a system like that. I park outside both at work and home and would hate to drop $500 on something and get it ripped out in the future. Do any of these have removable face plates I can keep in the house at night?

Thanks!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes it's been done, just need to buy a reputable brand, and you'll need adapters if you want to retain things like your factory amp if you have one and steering wheel controls. Read through this section and get acquainted. I have a Sony with removable faceplate but never pull it off since I tinted the front windows dark. I added a backup camera to it, as well as upgraded my sub and sub enclosure and added a dedicated mono amp for more bass.

David Paul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the Cruthfield site. All the information you'll ever need on this subject.

subieworx

Reaction score
Pioneer 4100nex is what I am using in my Denali it will cost you around 1000 depending on adapters needed for your truck. Looks good in the dash and has a removable faceplate for security if you're into that. Feature set is good and overall the unit works well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Possumcop