Rendom misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but if you tried everything else that is all that's left.. Wasting money at chevron I buy from the new Circle K.. clean gas no dirty contamination (aka Sediment ,water?) they just opened I know i'm getting 91 octane at the 91 pump i suspect i was getting lesser grade or contaminated gas at the chevron as the timing was lower then what i'm getting from the circle K station 35-44 advanced timing while the chevron was 30-38 advanced timing .

it's totally worth it for the 91octnae as i'm seeing 20.9MPG in M4 V8 ONLY mode( i do let it auto stop at long traffic lights if i know it's going to be more then 8 seconds)

the timing is very important to maximize power output the more power you can get to the wheels the less gas you use overall..

if everything is working perfectly now compared to putting it in before.... then it must have been dirty injectors you know I have spend 450$ "trying" to fix it....

literally that is the perfect engine start... the engine should start at 1000 rpm to 1050rpm on a overnight cold start..

Not sure what you are talking about.

You might consider taking a couple of aspirin before bedtime, it might help with the headache tomorrow. Also, drink lots of water, you might have to get up in the middle of the night to pee, but that beats being dehydrated.

Good luck.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you are talking about.

You might consider taking a couple of aspirin before bedtime, it might help with the headache tomorrow. Also, drink lots of water, you might have to get up in the middle of the night to pee, but that beats being dehydrated.

Good luck.
I was just saying techron (PEA)does not work very well even if it comes with the gas the amount in the gas must be minimal maybe less then 1% of a gallon why do you think they will not revival how much it contains..

OP
OP
U

ukrkoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck has 155000 miles, so dirty injectors/fuel filter are plausible and won't hurt to clean anyway.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck has 155000 miles, so dirty injectors/fuel filter are plausible and won't hurt to clean anyway.

The filter is inside the gas tank. I haven’t been able to find a replacement interval.

Injectors are pretty easy to clean if you are inclined.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score

One thing you should check as part of running down the P0300 issue, would be fuel pressure.

If your fuel pressure is out of spec, you may be going into the tank anyway. If it is in spec, maybe hold off on the filter idea until other possible causes are eliminated.

OP
OP
U

ukrkoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is dragging slowness but I am doing my best to resolve it.
So at this point, after 2 months in "my mechanic" hands, I am pulling vehicle out. He gave it to electrician 3 or so weeks ago, promised to take it back 2 weeks ago and still does not have it back. I am doing my best to recover Tahoe back and take it from there. Not sure, what stepped into that guy, apparently, nothing good. I get it, life changes people.
Anyhow. I'll try to recover it today, tomorrow, if possible, but, per conversation with him yesterday, he told me that electrician found low compression on cylinders 5 and 6.
I have someone else willing to work on the car and, we are debating between the engine overhaul and dropping new engine in. Internet says, it is infamous AFM lifters problem on those engines, related to poor maintenance.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is dragging slowness but I am doing my best to resolve it.
So at this point, after 2 months in "my mechanic" hands, I am pulling vehicle out. He gave it to electrician 3 or so weeks ago, promised to take it back 2 weeks ago and still does not have it back. I am doing my best to recover Tahoe back and take it from there. Not sure, what stepped into that guy, apparently, nothing good. I get it, life changes people.
Anyhow. I'll try to recover it today, tomorrow, if possible, but, per conversation with him yesterday, he told me that electrician found low compression on cylinders 5 and 6.
I have someone else willing to work on the car and, we are debating between the engine overhaul and dropping new engine in. Internet says, it is infamous AFM lifters problem on those engines, related to poor maintenance.

Number 5 is not an AFM cylinder.

I would have your new mechanic recheck the compression (both types), also maybe do a leakdown test if 5 and 6 do show low compression.

Tearing into the mechanicals without knowing exactly what is wrong can be a costly mistake.

OP
OP
U

ukrkoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I have good news and bad news.
Goods news, it's a very nice truck. Even AC works. Got lots of blows and whistles.
I ran Toque on it and shows that all sensors, it had access to, check out fine.
Here's the bad news:
1. Service stabilitrack is on all the time. Now, truck had brakes damaged during towing, apparently, driver hooked up chain across the brake line or bleeder valve. Allegedly, guy that was "working" on it fixed it, but light is still here
2. Misfire cylinder 6. That's one and only error code. Truck idles very rough but, if given gas, stabilizes. There is brief mechanical noise when gently pressing gas pedal. 3. It SMOKES. grey, oil burning type smoke. So I am not even going to try to move ignition coils from cylinder 6 to another one - it clearly is blowing oil into combustion chamber.
3. Tailgate does not open. Neither from the inside button, nor from the one on the handle. Guy told me, it's bad handle button, "typical" for Tahoes.
Outside of the normal after auction dirtiness, it is in very good shape. No rips, tears, comfy seats, warmers work fine. Push buttons emblems worn out on driver side but I already have new decals and 2 new keys/fobs.
Driver side door previously was stuck shut too but, given a nudge from the inside, now works fine. Maybe same needs to be done to the tailgate.

OP
OP
U

ukrkoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A bit of tailgate update.
When I turn key to Aux, I can hear tailgate motor running for few seconds. Like as if it is trying to tighten the tailgate. Something tells me, tailgate is jammed or has something caught in the latch.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you are narrowing the problems down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts