Removing screw in front inner fenders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikeybl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey Guys

I have leveled my 07 Yukon and put 305/50/20 tires on stock rims with 1/2" spacers. I am rubbing at full lock on the screw that holds the middle of my front inner fender plastic. It is a metal screw not a plastic christmas tree clip.

Can I remove this screw to stop the rubbing, or is it essential?

fender.jpg

Thanks

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That does not look stock to me. Is your rig used?

In any case, remove the screw and see what it does. It looks like you are rubbing the wheel well, so you may need to trim the bottom front valence, drill holes in the wheel liner and reconnect to the trimmed valence.

OP
OP
M

Mikeybl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yup used!

I'm not concerned with the rub as it is only at full lock, but that screw releases a SCREEEEECHING sound in parking lots!! LOL. Just concerned about drive at speed, if the screw really does a whole lot to secure the liner.

Wakinvol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it was put there to replace the missing factory fastener...you can cut out the hard plastic behind the fender liner and it will push away from the tire. Either a replacement plastic fastener or a zip tie can be used to fasten the modified liner. Your rubbing will be alleviated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Friendy