Removed sunroof cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

easybake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guy, I sold my 2000 Tahoe and am getting ready to purchase a 2004 Yukon.. When i was checking out this yukon I'm gonna purchase i noticed the previous owner have had the sunroof cover ( the part that you can close so the sun doesn't get in, idk what it is called ) He has done so, so he could install a tv system in the back, like how some of the factory ones come with. I was wondering if i could purchase this part and put it back in, because im the summer i don't want the sun beaning on my head. Or if this is a common occurrence. thanks!

big_b_in_PA

Billy Badass
Reaction score
I know the dealer sells them for around 250 or so. The person who installed the DVD system in my Denali didn't check for clearance when they installed it, and tore the hell out of the cover, knocked it off its track, and broke the mount for the rear gutter channel. Long story short, after a couple trips to the dealer and looking at schematics, I got it up together the right way and it works great, but still has the torn material. Just be careful when doing it and you won't have the issues I had.

OP
OP
E

easybake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the dealer sells them for around 250 or so. The person who installed the DVD system in my Denali didn't check for clearance when they installed it, and tore the hell out of the cover, knocked it off its track, and broke the mount for the rear gutter channel. Long story short, after a couple trips to the dealer and looking at schematics, I got it up together the right way and it works great, but still has the torn material. Just be careful when doing it and you won't have the issues I had.

thanks for the info, i decided to just get the black one with nothing wrong with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pastormat81