Remote entry question.....

Discussion in 'Audio & Electronics' started by KenpoFish, May 18, 2017.

1. KenpoFish

KenpoFish Member

Name:
    Zachary
    Looked up codes listed on glove box door and one of them is for remote entry. Does this mean that I should have a remote keyfob for keyless entry..? I bought my 98 Hoe LT used and did not get keyfob with it.

2. east302

east302 Full Access Member

Name:
    east302
    Yep, should be code AU0 for keyless entry.

Remotes are available online and I think I've seen them at parts stores as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. RED TAHOE LS

RED TAHOE LS Full Access Member

Name:
    David
    Just to make sure, below dash @ strg column is port access. Take a paper clip and jump from pin 4 to pin 8. If the door locks click, all you need is new remote. Forget ebay etc, NEW replacement delivered for under $40 in Atlanta metro area. Send email to me @ [email protected] for info. JMHO and good luck.
    David g.

4. KenpoFish

KenpoFish Member

Name:
    Zachary
    Thank you

5. Back N Black

Back N Black Full Access Member

Name:
    Matt
    Yeah, welcome to the world of buying a used vehicle in the Keyless age. You almost never get the remote, rarely get both keys, and almost NEVER key the factory key. When I traded my Hayabusa for mine, I got ONE OEM (amazingly) worn out 230k mile key. I went to the dealership to have them pull up the key code, so I didn't have to resort to making copies of a worn out key. $17 later, I walked out with two POS Ilco keys. I would have atleast thought a dealer could provide OEM GM keys! :flame: I ordered two remotes from ebay that I thought would work, they don't. :favorites68:

Hey David! You got a hookup on those remotes?? I need two for a 96 2 door with barn doors. So, I don't need the third button for the rear window.