rear lift gate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southernss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
does anyone know if it is possible to adjust how high the rear lift gate opens. i have to leave it on manual all the time because it would hit my garage door if i leave on automatic.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Best thing I can say it too drop the car haha.
My truck is dropped 5" in the rear and I have to bend down to fit under the lift gate and I am only 6 feet tall.
Als that is jsut about the only way, no other way will stop it from hitting anything.

OP
OP
S

southernss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thats a good idea i thought of it that way. i will just tell the wife i need to drop it so i dont put any accidental dents in. haha

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yep, depending on how much it htis and how lowy you want to go. You can go 2" in the rear only and be perfect level (will Cali Lean under load), or the best way is just 2/3 drop it wth spindles up front, and Belltech coils out back. Then you will be 3.5" lower in the rear and I highly doubt you will hit the gate then.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anyone know if it is possible to adjust how high the rear lift gate opens. i have to leave it on manual all the time because it would hit my garage door if i leave on automatic.

How do you put it in manual mode? I know there is a button near the remote buttons, but for the Tahoe it disables it entirely. With the button activated the rear will not open or unlock (it makes a lot of noise though when you try...)

Thanks

OP
OP
S

southernss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
there is a on/off switch for it right next to the homelink buttons that turns it off so you have to manually open it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demetris