Rear heat control module question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big_b_in_PA

Billy Badass
Reaction score
I am replacing the module on the rear hvac assy, and through different searches on google, I can't seems to find what the correct relearn procedure is. Does anyone know what it is, if there is one?

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't know there was one and I don't think you need to but here's a calibration procedure for the front after changing an actuator. That's the only 'relearn' I know for the hvac system, but what do I know-I'm just a troll.
http://tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15787&highlight=blend+door+actuator+calibrate
TrollFaceDancing.gif

OP
OP
big_b_in_PA

big_b_in_PA

Billy Badass
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, but I did the install yesterday. All I did for a relearn process was to pull the hvac/ evcm fuse under the hood. Then waited about a minute or so and re installed the fuse and started the vehicle, let it go thru the so called process and it's now good to go. It definitely wasn't as hard as I first thought it was. Now the kids will be happy in the cold weather.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you try using the rear air before the relearn procedure was done? Was it needed or did you wanna do it anyways? I ask because my rear air system still doesn't seem to be blowing hot enough and I even flushed out the rear core and also confirmed that the blend doors were working. Thinking that doing the relearn procedure might be something I need to try myself!!

OP
OP
big_b_in_PA

big_b_in_PA

Billy Badass
Reaction score
All mine did Before I changed the module was blow cold air, now I have hot and cold. It does get cooler when idling, but as soon as I give it a little gas it circulates warmer coolant into the core. I don't know if that's the same problem you have or a variable, but try taking the cover off the rear hvac unit and checking the hot / cold acuator, or try taking the acuator off and moving the blend door manually.

Good luck!

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All mine did Before I changed the module was blow cold air, now I have hot and cold. It does get cooler when idling, but as soon as I give it a little gas it circulates warmer coolant into the core. I don't know if that's the same problem you have or a variable, but try taking the cover off the rear hvac unit and checking the hot / cold acuator, or try taking the acuator off and moving the blend door manually.

Good luck!

Yeah, that's the problem I'm having as well, and yes I did take the cover off and everything moves that's suppose to move!! Just thinking that maybe the hot/cold motor might need calibrating, thinking/hoping maybe it's never getting over to the full hot mode!! Just hoping!! lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EliCamarillo