Rear end kaput . What is good set up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hvaczolt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ring went on 99 yukon 7 1/2 lift 4x4 4.56 35x12.5x20
pinion OK carrier was open one wheel peel.
I guess the SET UP was done wrong, Looking at markings it looks about 2yrs on work.
Opinion on R&P on richmond vs Midwest(motive) going to go limited slip:
Auburn vs Eaton
Am reading other threads : Looking for personal experinces..
Thank You

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the Auburn E-locker in mine. loved it till 4wheelparts F-ed it up fixing the gears that they F-ed up as well. They are supposed to be fixing it all again soon.

locker worked amazing before they messed it up. the instant lock with the flip of a switch is well worth the money to me.

If you have to spend the money on the gears and locker anyway, i would put in a 14bolt SF rear while your at it. be a lot stronger than the 10 bolt.

OP
OP
Hvaczolt

Hvaczolt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got to stick with the 10 bolt for now but did see the read up on the 14 bolt,,going to have to keep an eye out at the salvage yards for the future.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haven't picked one up yet. should have waited and not wasted the money on gears and locker on the 10-bolt

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
Yukon gears and axles are great quality...
As far as the carrier, I recently had a Detroit (Eaton) Truetrac installed and have been very happy with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts