Rear door speaker problem, not two, but one

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beejay

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
New to the forums and thought I'd join after I just purchased a 00 Tahoe, which I love! Anyways, here's my problem. FYI, this was not the Bose system I replaced and it does have Onstar. The left rear driver side door speaker did not work so I thought the heck with it and purchase a whole new system. Just finished installing 4 door speakers for front and back doors and a new receiver. Hooked everything up and yes it sounds much better, problem is I'm still not getting sound from that same left rear door speaker. Checked to see if there was any loose wires and none I could find. Now I'm at a loss of where to check next? Not very familiar with the setups on these trucks as far as stereo goes. Also, there is the factory subwoofer in the back but it also does not seem to be working at all. Any help is greatly appreciated on where to start. Thanks!

EMF Audio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New to the forums and thought I'd join after I just purchased a 00 Tahoe, which I love! Anyways, here's my problem. FYI, this was not the Bose system I replaced and it does have Onstar. The left rear driver side door speaker did not work so I thought the heck with it and purchase a whole new system. Just finished installing 4 door speakers for front and back doors and a new receiver. Hooked everything up and yes it sounds much better, problem is I'm still not getting sound from that same left rear door speaker. Checked to see if there was any loose wires and none I could find. Now I'm at a loss of where to check next? Not very familiar with the setups on these trucks as far as stereo goes. Also, there is the factory subwoofer in the back but it also does not seem to be working at all. Any help is greatly appreciated on where to start. Thanks!

To get the factory sub to work you need to power up the blue wire on the harness with the amp turn on from the HU. Not having a power antenna I'm guessing that wasn't connected. As for the speaker, take the door panel off and take the speaker out and see if it plays. That will help indicate if the speaker is shorting on the door or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swampiesteve1