Rear Defroster wires replacement help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M0rph3us

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So the wires for my rear defroster that attach to the window are for some reason detached. How do I fix them and make the defroster work again? Aside from the fact that they swing around and make obnoxious amounts of noise, I'd like to use them in the winter time.

Do I need to buy all new wires or is there a way to reconnect the ones that I have?

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These break on our trucks all the time. You have three options. Use a rear defroster repair kit, re-solder your current defroster tabs back onto the glass, or just replace the whole rear window glass. It's not cheap, but it is easy.

OP
OP
M

M0rph3us

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks man! My tabs seem to be okay so I think I'm going to try for the repair kit route for now. Hopefully it works.

byrds6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried the repair kit and didnt have much luck. Not continuity. Im thinking about buying a second kit and adding some of the adhesive around the tab to see if it will make contact enough.

OP
OP
M

M0rph3us

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Byrds was it not working at all or did the repair adhesive just not stick correctly? I'm curious about this, I'd like to know before I buy it and waste money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n